Services » Housing & Community

Housing Loans and Grants


Senior Staff Officer,
Housing Loans & Grants Section,
Cork City Council,
City Hall,

Open to Public: 10.00 a.m. to 4.00 p.m. Monday - Friday.

Telephone: (021) 4924169 / 4924243 / 4924591 / 4924512
Fax: (021) 4924511

Services Provided

Tenant Purchase Scheme

The 2016 Incremental Purchase Scheme is now available for eligible properties. 

Application forms & FAQ explanatory documents can be found on this website under Housing Forms.

Telephone: (021) 4924169 / 4924243 / 4924591 / 4924512

Back to top


Home Improvement Loans

Loans are available for the carrying out of improvement works on dwelling houses within the functional area of Cork City Council subject to compliance with certain conditions.

The maximum secured loan that can be advanced is €38,000 and the maximum unsecured loan to be advanced is €15,000. A loan shall not exceed 80% of the estimated cost of the works. The loan can be taken over 10 or 15 years.

Application forms & FAQ explanatory documents can be found on this website under Housing Forms.

Telephone: (021) 4924243


Back to top

Disabled Persons Grant

Disabled Persons Grants are currently divided into the following applications;

  • Housing Adaptation Grants for People with a Disability
  • Mobility Aids Grant
  • Housing Aid for Older People Grant

Application forms and details on the above schemes can be found on this website under Housing forms.

For further details please contact;

Housing Loans & Grants Department,
Cork City Council,
Ground Floor,
City Hall, Cork.

Telephone: (021) 4924169 / 4924243 / 4924591 / 4924512


Back to top

Private Rented Dwellings

The Residential Tenancies Act 2004, which provides for the reform of residential landlord and tenant law, has now been enacted. The existing system of annual registration with local authorities has ceased and landlords are now required to register tenancies with the Private Residential Tenancies Board (PRTB), which has been established on a statutory basis by the Act.

The Board can be contacted at:
Private Residential Tenancies Board,
PO Box 11884
Dublin 2.

Tel No. 01/8882960
Fax No. 01/8882819


Back to top

Private rented accommodation registration and enforcement.


Registration under the Housing (Registration of Rented Houses) Regulations, 1996. Landlords must register houses, flats etc. let for rent or other valuable consideration with the Private Residential Tenancies Board within one month of letting. An annual fee is payable by the landlord for this registration.

An application form must be completed, giving the following details:

  • The address of the house or flats,
  • Description of the accommodation, i.e., whole house, apartments or flats, single, rooms etc.
  • Name and address of landlord and of his agent appointed & PPS Number;
  • Name of tenant, rent, how and when paid & PPS Number.

Applications Forms are available from the Private Residential Tenancies Board, Canal House, Canal Road, Dublin 6. (Tel. No. 01/8882960 & Fax No. 01/8882819)

Back to top

Classes of Records Held

  • Housing Loan Applications,
  • Disabled Grant Applications,
  • Affordable Housing Applications,
  • Income details supporting the applications,
  • Technical reports on the property,
  • Reports from the Health Board, Housing Welfare Officers and Chief Medical Officer,
  • Financial information on assistance to persons providing housing for themselves and improving houses,
  • Technical reports.